Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Psalm 119:57-58

Yesterday we posted Psalm 119:57-64.
Today, let's take a closer look at 57 and 58. The Psalms are so rich with love for our Lord and love from the Lord. And these two lines are no exception.

Here's a modern summary:
 You are all I need Oh, Lord
Your words I will keep
My whole heart asks for your favor
You are merciful to me

The Lord is available to us at all times. We just have to ask! We have to know His words so we can better know who He truly is. If we read the Bible and study it, we can reserve words and phrases to fall back on in good times and bad.
Jesus lives in our hearts. He lives in our beings. We ask for the Lord to have favor on us. And we know he does. And he is merciful to all.  He will never leave or forsake us. He is faithful and true.

Think on the words of the Psalm. Say them aloud to the Lord. Call upon His name and feel his love and mercy rain down into your heart.

 57 You are my portion, O Lord; I have said that I would keep Your words. 58 I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; Be merciful to me according to Your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Churches We Attend

True Life Church
535 Mineral Springs Rd
Ball Ground, Ga. 30107
The Quest Church
411 Scott Mill Rd
Canton, Ga. 30114
Passion City Church
PO Box 5
Roswell, Ga. 30077